Finally the heatwave I have being waiting for has finally arrived. When I heard on the radio this morning that we were expected to break records over the next three days, I was both elated with happiness, and troubled with the pain of being outside for a long time because of sunburn. I love the hot whether, and yet, I am one of those wimpy people who needs that A/C going in the high-noon. I guess this all stems from living in a region that receives so much rain, clouds and cool days most of the year. When the sun is out, and the temperature goes up, I get very happy and I want to do lots of things outside, like camping and boating. But, when those hot muggy summer days starts to drag on, I start to whine and complain about the whether, and wish it were cool and damp again.
Top Ten List: You Know It Is Hot When…
- Your friend up in Yellowknife is complaining about how hot it is.
- You hop in your car, first thing in the morning to leave for work, and you are still in your house coat–with no underwear on!
- It is painful to open the door of your car when leaving work because you forgot to leave the windows open a crack.
- Ice-cubes are a thing of beauty.
- A Pool-Shark is a sick and twisted idea of fun while sitting at your desk thinking about how great it is going to be this weekend at the lake.
- You begin to consider that the A/C unit you have at home is not large enough, and so a major upgrade is in order–next pay-period.
- The girls in the office discover that the lawn sprinkler system can be turned on by a switch located right by the smoking area, and running through them is just to tempting: only the brave cannot resist!
- You sort of feel sorry for motorcycle drivers who are waiting at a long set of lights, trying to make a left-hand turn.
- Turning on the BBQ is to much effort.
- The beckoning call of beer, pizzas and music are everywhere when you get home from a hard days work and see your neighbours waving you over for a quick visit!