My Top Ten list regarding spring. Even though it is still cold out, like there was frost this morning, the days are getting warmer. Like magic, people are getting into the spring mode as if someone had thrown a switch. Neighbours are out side, people whom I have not seen in several months are enjoying the sudden change in weather. So here is my top ten list of “signs that you know spring has finally arrived.”
Signs that you know spring has finally arrived
- You can spot all the little piles of Dog-Doo-Doo along the side walks.
- The Birds, particularly the Robbins, start attacking the Cats.
- The lawn is a sea of yellow instead of green due to the sudden explosion of Dandy-Lions.
- Women in shirts.
- An increase in Beer Cans along the sides of roads.
- Ants are everywhere. They are crawling up trees and on the ground, everywhere. I’m seeing a huge ant hill developing along hedgerow between the front lawn and the road. It has being under construction for the last week that I am aware of.
- Bunnies are becoming less fearful as they feed on the grass among the dandy-lions in the front lawn. I think we are in for a Bunny population explosion this year?
- Everyone owns a convertible.
- White bright legs hurts one’s eyes when wearing shorts for the first time after a long winter break.
- Taking out the smoothie making equipment from storage for another year!
Yes, I think it is safe to say that the gloomy wintry season is passing. The sad realization of the soon approaching summer is servicing the air-conditioner and getting it ready for action.
Yup, it’s true. As I type this out, big fat fluffy white snow flakes, mixed with rain, are falling from the sky. Like any of us wanted this? So, what happened to spring? Sheesh, this weather is messed up. Solid rain should be falling up in the mountains, not down here in the valley.
This is depressing weather. March is not a great month for outside fun stuff.
I’m glad it is finally spring. This “La Niña” year has really put a damper on what should be way milder temperatures for us here on the West coast. But like it has being for the last two seasons, the first day went with a bang. I got caught in a mid morning hail storm that seem to have lasted for more than 30 min. The land scape might as well been layered with snow because everything was coated with white. I hope it warms up.
I have noticed that the quality of the money I’m getting out of the Banks is really getting bad now. Normally the Canadain Mint makes sure our money is in nice condition. For example, normally you can hold a bill up right at the edge and the paper will suport its weight. In the last month, or so, I’ve noticed that all the bills I’ve received have being, lets say, well used? I mean, it’s all good money and everything, but when you receive a bill that is being held together with tape, something is up? I thought the Mint was supposed to reprint all the damaged bills? Cut backs? I could probably come up with several conspiracies, but I’ll leave that with you….
For all those who have participated in my research study, I thank you. You have all being a really great help. I had fears that I was never going to complete it satisfactory and then end up working with partial data. So far from the coding that I have done, the Female participants are way better savers and spenders than the Males. Surprised? I’m sure gender is one of the major differences among people in this sample?